Sunday, February 28, 2010
Adventures in Cloth Diapering
Well, the days of disposable paper diapers are officially over in the Clark household. I've stepped across the line, away from the well-established, popular world of Huggies and Pampers and now I'm knee-deep in pocket inserts, waterproof covers, wet bags, and diaper liners. It's a little scary at first, but I've found that cloth diapers are as easy, if not easier, than disposables. I'm still surprised to find that my sister and I are the only two people we know who use cloth diapers. It's odd - here in Utah, where so many embrace a more "organic" lifestyle, I would've thought it would be more common. Anyway, let me summarize the advantages I've discovered up to this point:
1. They are very durable and well-made.
2. They're lightyears ahead in terms of general cuteness and color.
3. So far, Will hasn't destroyed one.
4. They're lots of fun to put together and fold.
5. They're generally cost-effective.
6. Will shows a marked preference for them.
7. You can't run out of them at nine p.m. on a Sunday evening.
8. They're adjustably one-size, so Will and any other babies can wear them up to 35 lbs.
9. They come in sizes and patterns, so buying them is like going shopping.
Anyway, I'm finding this to be a very positive thing so far. When they first arrived I held one up to Will, who promptly cooed and squealed in happiness. Then I showed him a disposable - he wailed and grunted at it. Then I showed him the cloth diaper again, which elicited happy responses once more. Clearly he prefers the cloth. Good enough for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Let us know how you feel about cleaning them once the solid poop comes into play.
Post a Comment