Sunday, April 11, 2010
Losing My Marbles...Again...
So, it was a relaxed Sunday night, and I was sitting on the couch after feeding five-month-old baby Will. I'd handed Will off to Spencer, and I wanted to lie down on the couch. Usually, I use the highly functional Boppy as a headrest, but I realized I couldn't find it! So, I looked at Spencer, and asked him if he knew where the Boppy was. Of course he didn't and so I started racking my brains to remember where I'd last left it. Nothing came to mind, so I gave up. Moments later, I looked down to scratch an itch on my ankle, and I was shocked to see the Boppy around my waist. I can only suppose that I use it so often that I've come to think of it as a part of my own body. But what's even more frightening is that Spencer, staring right at me, didn't see it, either. Can a wife with a permanent Boppy-ring-around-her-waist still be attractive to her husband? Sometimes I feel a bit like a utility belt - you know, the kind with hammers and tape measures and screwdrivers hanging off it. Instead of tools hanging off me, though, I have a nursing baby on my chest, an ever-present Boppy on my waist, a burp cloth on my shoulder, random objects tucked under my chin, and diapers/toys/laundry/dishes/onesies clutched in any available hand. Heaven help us all...but me in particular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL... I dont know how many times stuff like that happens... You really do lose your mind after having a kid... but I do like the idea of that belt!! We should invent something like that! lol
That's almost as good as when I search frantically for my glasses, only to find them already on my face...otherwise how could I see to look for them.
Post a Comment