So, 2009 passed without me posting a single thing. I'd actually forgotten that we had a blog, and when I tried to sign back into it, I discovered it had been deactivated. Apparently, account deactivation is the web's way of saying that I'm a slacker.
When I think back on the past year, the most omnipresent aspect of it was the pregnancy. Being pregnant consumed nine months of the twelve and two more were eaten up by the arrival of little Will, or "wee Willie," as some call him.
Speaking of our firstborn, he is getting more and more interesting as the days go by. He has a distinct personality already, and his likes and dislikes are becoming more apparent every day. He's somewhat solemn, but smiles when I get him from a nap. His little feet and legs are ticklish, and he loves having his back scratched - he reacts a little like a dog does, frantically scratching at the air with his hind leg, when his back is scratched just right. Also, to my chagrin, he is fascinated by the moving images and sounds of television. I can only hope that books and music will hold his attention in the way TV does.
Adjusting to being at home with Will is sometimes hard. We have good days, okay days, and sometimes really awful days. Since Spencer and I share the car, when he's at work, sometimes the day can get very, very, very long. Most of the time, though, Will is fun and his naps allow me to do things around the house and for me. It's just weird, I guess, because I've never not had a job or been in school. Even when I was in school I usually had a job. I've worked almost steadily since I was seventeen.
Will is cooing and smiling at me. I have to go record this in photos. Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment