Monday, February 15, 2010

Singing For a Baby...

Will really seems to like it when I sing to him. He likes it when Spencer sings, too, but he really responds when I wail in his face. Recent particular favorites include:

1. "Rubber Ducky" of dubious origin
2. The 90s classic "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot
3. Gershwin's "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Nina Simone
4. "Oh Have You Seen My Dear Companion?" by Dolly Parton, Linda Rondstat, and Emmy Lou Harris
5. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (and yes, I know the WHOLE SONG!)
6. "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" from South Pacific
7. "The Sound of Music" from The Sound of Music, complete with "ooos" in the background
8. "Feliz Navidad" - I find this an odd choice, but he really likes it.
9. "As I Have Loved You"

2 comments:

Lori said...

Don't forget teh theme to lost. He loved that one when I was singing it to him on Saturday. He was wiggling all over the place and I started singing and he stopped and just gave me this face of huge interest. So funny!!

The Collins said...

So Jessica, I am totally picturing you singing to Will. I have lots of old memories of you belting out songs in van rides, to church dances, youth conference, YW,etc :) lol