Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spencer Likes to Wear My Robe?!!

Let me first say that if Spencer had let me, I would be posting pictures to embellish this story. However, he wouldn't let me. I'm only hoping that we try this trick again because he promised I could take a picture if we had to try it a second time.

So, what's the trick? Well, in my previous post, I related Will's recent refusal to take a bottle. In an effort to get past this, we decided to put Spencer in my robe with no shirt on underneath. Plus, to further simulate me, he put the bottle under his arm so Will might think it was an actually breast. We figured this trick might show us which of us was the more intelligent.

So, when he woke, I went to get him in Spencer's shirt and brought him to Spencer, who was sitting on my side of the couch with the Boppy pillow around his waist. Will was barely awake when he was placed in the nursing position on Spence's lap, and initially he seemed really interested in the bottle - apparently our subterfuge was working. However, within about ten seconds, he seemed to discover that the bottle was not me, and in a very confused fashion, opened his eyes and looked grouchily up to see who was deceiving him. When he saw Spencer, he seriously began to laugh at him. He was amused! I could hear in his laughter the thought, "Oh, you poor, stupid parents. One day you'll realize who's in charge here. Until then, keep on trying, suckers!"

Crumbs. I'm starting to feel like Wile E. Coyote - back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hahahahahahhahahahha! Sorry to laugh at your frustration, but this is seriously the funniest thing!!!