Sunday, March 14, 2010

Miscellany

As a disclaimer, I'm going to insert ramdom cute pictures throughout this post. Just be prepared.

Ha ha ha! We have such a good time together!

So, as of Wednesday, March 12, 2010, Will weighs sixteen and a half pounds and is twenty-six inches long. He was so smiley and happy during the entire visit. He adores having people coo and play with him, so having both mom and dad, the doctor, the nurse, and the nurse's assistant there was fabulous. He had a whole audience to perform for. Of course, the shots weren't so fun, but thankfully they were quick.

He's just so cute. Look at that beautiful smile!

However, the best part of last week was having my PayPal account broken into. I accidentally (well, it was really on purpose) opened a link in an e-mail from what appeared to be my brother and got "fished." I had to change myriad passwords and usernames - of course I can't remember any of them because they're so deliberately random and convoluted. But I'm safe now!...I think.

Yummy.

When I was at the store last night, I realized that now that Will is four months old, I can try pseudofood with him. Pseudofood is a term I'm thinking of copyrighting - if you can copyright a word. Anyway, it refers to the introductory types of food young babies start on - rice cereal, oatmeal, strained peas and carrots, masticated meats, etc. So, I bought rice cereal and the cutest little baby spoons at Smith's to try with him this weekend. Sadly, he's a little sick, so we've decided to wait to try this stuff out until he feeling better. We figured it might not be a good idea to introduce foreign substances to his little system when he's busy trying to fight off invading germs. I'll be sure to write about the experience when it happens.

Hello! I love tummy time in my play gym.

We had a nice evening with some friends last night, too. Dinner, a little dessert, good conversation, cute babies and kids - it was very pleasant to be out amongst other adults. My friend Mary made the best baked rigatoni with meat sauce and I brought a yummy salad and a decadent chocolate/strawberry/whipped cream dessert. She and her husband Steve have two-year-old twin girls, Elizabeth and Audrey, and they are messes. They have these beautiful light brown tousled curls and intense blue eyes and they have so much energy! I don't know how Mary even begins to keep up with them. I suppose, though, that it won't be too long before I have a few running around, too. I just hope that when that time comes I can be as patient with my own little squirts as she is with hers.

What a sweet face.

Speaking of eating with friends, I had a lovely afternoon with my friend Dagny (who will be more than likely reading this, too) on Friday. By the way, Dagny - I just finished off the last piece of that spinach quiche you made. Delicious! Anyway, her baby is three days older than Will and so it's really fun to see them together and compare notes. Finn, her baby, is an inch or so longer, but they weigh the same amount - it's just hilarious because they're both such big babies. I made a lemon chess pie to bring, but it was awful. Weird - usually America's Test Kitchen recipes are no-brainers, but this one was a disaster. I'm pretty sure it wasn't totally cooked, and the lemon was overpowering. I gave some to Spencer when I got home and he couldn't even finish it. Sorry, Dagny. I really can cook - I just can't bake.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

I'm glad you liked the quiche. We totally liked the pie. Apparently we're total lemon freaks. I had a great time with you and Will. I'll send you the pictures I took of the boys together; adorable. I caught a cute one of you two, too.

Lee said...

When you get ready to make your own baby food, tell me and I'll tell you the easy way to do it. I discovered making it myself was just fun, he ate it better than the jars, and I could get 3 times as much food for the price. 1 jar is like .50$ and a bag of carrots is like a buck. But you end up with at least a dozen jars.
Just my 2 cents.

MJ said...

It's fun for me to compare Will's stats to Robbie's at the same age. Robbie was the same length, but weighed an entire pound less than Will. Got to love a healthy, chubby baby!