We finally caved and bought a highchair for Will. There was no real reason for us to have waited so long - I guess we just hadn't quite gotten around to it. Anyway, we love it. Will really likes sitting so upright and I'm thrilled he's not lying back anymore because he can't kick me in the chest in his efforts to express his enthusiasm for solid foods.
Speaking of, he still really likes cereals - rice and oatmeal are favorites - but he adores (and I mean ADORES) squash and sweet potatoes. I was actually kind of startled that he likes squash so much. Adults generally avoid it, so I was surprised that he was such a fan. Anyway, he does enjoy those quite a bit. But I haven't really successfully gotten him to eat peas yet. Who knows? Babies are so finicky.
Last night, despite my efforts to put him down on his tummy, he kept turning over on his back to sleep. When I went into his room this morning, he was solidly asleep on his back and looked as if he had been that way all night long. Maybe he's going to turn out to be a back sleeper after all.
3 comments:
I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to fold down this high chair. And since I'm home alone, Jessica can't help me. I think I may be mentally challenged.
Ours has buttons on the sides of the legs and one right under the seat... if that helps.
It looks like the same model as ours (Noah has trouble with it too; must be a guy thing). There should be red buttons under each round part of the legs on each side that you hold down as you pull it together. Isn't the highchair a wonderfun thing? Finn loves the higher perspective on things. He too loves squash. The peas were an acquired taste but now he loves them.
Post a Comment