Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby food galore!

Lately I've been interested in increasing the amount of green veggies in Will's diet. So, I went to the store with the intention of purchasing some more green beans and peas and some zucchini, and came out with all of the above AND cauliflower, spinach, yellow squash, and broccoli. Perhaps I overreached...

I spent a good portion of the day today peeling, chopping, slicing, steaming and pureeing all of the above vegetables. I ended up with four pounds of peas, four and a half pounds of green beans, three-quarters of a pound of spinach, and a half pound each of zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli. Yikes. I'm just hoping now that he'll actually eat all of that. Otherwise I guess Spencer and I are eating a lot of pureed veggies.

1 comment:

Mike and Tycie said...

You are going to have to teach me all you know about this... I would love to do this for Kason!!! Great idea!!! Wish you were closer!!!