Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eight months and counting!



Normally Will and I have great days together, but our day today had an ominous beginning. To make a gross story short, he threw up all over me just after I'd gotten all decked out in my exercize clothes. Seriously - it was like those videos you see on America's Funniest Home Videos - so disgusting. That's the only time he's ever done anything like that, and I almost cried I was so grossed out. I'm just crossing my fingers that he's not getting sick.

Anyway, at eight months old, he's a charmer. He's friendly, interested, giggly, and confident. He's rocking back and forth on his hands and knees like a fiend in preparation for crawling and does manage to do some commando crawling. He's recently also discovered screaming. It seems to amuse him, though it tends to scare a few years off the lives of innocent and unsuspecting people around him. We're really trying to put a stop to it. He really likes light switches, necklaces, and anything with interesting textures. When he bathes now, he sits up, so he splashes with his hands instead of his legs, and he splashes enough that he soaks us and gets water all in his eyes. His pincer grasp is working, and he enjoys picking small stuff up - he just hasn't seemed to figure out that he can take what's in his fingers can also go in his mouth.

He's just a sweetie.




By the way, a vegetable garden update -

- the herbs (dill, basil, chives, cilantro, chervil, rosemary, parsley, oregano, and thyme)are being used regularly and are doing really well,
- the strawberries are ripening and producing again,
- the carrots (well, their greens, anyway - I have no idea what's going on underground) are about eight inches tall,
- the peas are being harvested (and are so sweet!),
- the beans and doing well and are getting ready to put out beans,
- the squash is about twelve feet long, and has a few squash about six inches long on it already,
- the red bell peppers have the cutest little baby peppers on them,
- and the tomatoes - ahh, the tomatoes - are getting bigger and bigger and bigger and I can't wait to eat them!

Anyway, I love growing my own food. I'm already planning my fall garden and the things I want to plant for early harvest in the spring of next year. I'm starting to think that I want a really big garden and a greenhouse so I can grow things all year long. I'm also interested in have some chickens, maybe. Whow knows - I love growing my own food, so maybe I'll end up a farmer.

2 comments:

Lee said...

love love love it!

Mike and Tycie said...

Awe, Little Will isnt so little anymore!!! He's going to be mobile in NO TIME!!! He is such a cutie!!! Cant wait to see him again!!!