Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sir Squats-a-lot

I go to a ward-run exercize class during the weekdays, and Will goes with me. A few of the other women who attend have small children there, too, so they all play near us or in the adjacent nursery (which has huge windows on the wall that separates us from the nursery). Anyway, one day last week, Will stayed out on the workout floor with me instead of going into the nursery to play with the other kids. Lo and behold, as I painfully raised my weighted arms and lowered down into a muscle-tearing squat, Will watched carefully, raised his arms in the air, and dropped down into a bum-touching-the-heels-of-your-feet squat. And he performed this amazing feat effortlessly in front of a room of sweating, pop-eyed women who enjoyed it very much. Here's a video we took of him repeating the exercize here at home. I wonder if Schwarzenegger started his weight training as early as Will?



Oh, by the way, he finally got the fourth tooth on the bottom of his mouth, so there's an even eight in the front, and he's got another about to break through in the next day or so, I think. Pretty soon he'll have half of his baby teeth! So weird. Next thing you know, we'll be waiting for him to lose them. Lastly, I never ceases to be amazed by how fast he makes connections. Lately he's really been interested in clocks, and so we've shown them to him and tried to teach him to say, "tick tock." So, yesterday, he started looking and Spencer's watch and immediately said, "TICK TOCK!!!" I guess he got it.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

That was hilarious! Noah and I both laughed out loud. Noah said Will's got good form.

MJ said...

He's adorable. I love the squats!

Becky said...

I. Love. This. I'm sure it's obvious by now, but man, the personality just starts EXPLODING these next few years! The squats are so cute. Yeah, it's kind of sickening how easy it is for them to do those darn things!