
So, yesterday (just out of curiousity, mind you), I went looking for a website or software that would allow me to design my own home. This is, of course, my opinion of the ultimate in new homes. I love the idea of being able to create my own house. I find I think about it a lot these days.
Anyway...so I found www.floorplanner.com. Most of these websites require membership fees and/or subscription or even worse - buying hundreds of dollars' worth of software, but this one doesn't. At least not at the basic - and I'm not quite even at basic yet - level. Anyway, it isn't perfect, and it isn't idiot-proof, but I'm having lots of fun. I spent about two hours on it yesterday and was able to semi-finish three rooms. By the way, the above plans are absolutely NOT mine. I'm not nearly that capable yet. But - most importantly, I had fun the whole time I was playing around with the program. So if you're as home-building-obsessed as I am, then give it a try. Feed your inner architect.
No comments:
Post a Comment