So, Will turned eighteen months old yesterday, and today we went to the doctor to see how he's doing. We quickly learned that his memory is sharp - as soon as he saw the nurse and the doctor, he threw the end-all-be-all of temper tantrums. It took all three of us to hold him down while the doctor checked his ears and mouth. Needless to say, we were all a little out of breath by the time the flailing and thrashing ended.
In terms of weight, he weighs 27 pounds, which puts him somewhere in the 50-75% range, and he's 35 inches tall, which puts him off the charts for height. My kind doctor, thinking perhaps that I wouldn't understand what this meant, leaned in to say, "Now, that means that if your son were in a room with one hundred other little boys his same age, he would be taller than ALL OF THEM!"
Ah...now I get it.
Anyway, he said he's in great shape - a string bean - long and slender, just the way pediatricians like children to be. I always knew my son was physically pretty close to perfect. It's nice that my doctor sees things my way, too.
1 comment:
I could use a picture of this near perfect child... been a while and I miss knowing what your little one looks like!
Post a Comment