Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Day!!!

I love the Fourth of July. I always have - ever since I was a little girl. I love just about everything about it. The fireworks, the barbeques, the day off, the flags, the reminders of the freedoms I so often take for granted...I love it all. This year, we were able to enjoy a few fun activities that made this a very enjoyable holiday for all.

The night before the holiday, we watched an early fireworks show on the lawn of some friends down the street. Have I mentioned that I love fireworks? They seem so very magical, and I just adore the sounds, the smell, and especially the forms and colors!


Here's a kinda blurry shot of the show from Granite High School. It was so nice to see it and not have to fight crowds to do it.

The next day, the actual Fourth, was spent visiting Grandma and Grandpa at their house for a few minutes, running a few small errands, finishing up the painting of Will's new twin bed, and watching "Atlas Shrugged: Part 1." Comment below if you've seen it. I've had thoughts about it.

Later that evening, Becca, Brandon, Eli, Lucy and Peter came over for a little toddler swimming and a barbeque. Rather than describe it, I'll let you enjoy it visually.




Here are a few shots of Peter enjoying his dinner. I thought his cheeseburger was normal until I saw that he'd stuffed it with potato salad. Ewww. He often does some weird kind of food combination like this. In fact, he's done this since he was a child. Let's hope it's a trait that he doesn't pass on to future children.





Have you figured out yet that I'm no photographer? That little Lucy is sure a cutie, isn't she? I think she gets it from me. No, seriously! When she was born, my mom said that she looked like me in  my baby pictures.



"See? Here's my 'boo-ger.'" Yes, that's how he says "burger." He actually ate an entire cheeseburger at dinner. I guess all the exercize he had that day made him a very hungry little boy.




Can I just tell you that we got that pool at K-mart for $10.00? I was pretty thrilled. So, apparently, were the boys. Will and Eli played in that pool for about an hour before dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed chucking water at each other with tupperware bowls. Thanks for the inspiration, Mom and Dad. 

Anyway, it was a great holiday. We finished off the evening with some delicious brownie sundaes with homemade chocolate sauce made by Becca. Best of all, since we'd seen the fireworks the night before, we didn't feel guilty about going inside and getting to bed early. Happy Independence Day 2012!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Looks like fun! I think all of the Holmes clan are good-looking, but I may be a bit biased!