I really need to be better about posting. I'm terrible at remembering to write in Will's baby book, and I rarely even visit this blog, so I'm afraid his childhood is going to pass by with very few recollections! As a result, I'm going to share a few funny things Will has done lately.
First, Will is being prepared to move from his crib to a twin bed. No, we're not doing the toddler bed. We thought about it for a while but decided that we didn't want to spend the money on a third type of bed, so we're going straight to a big boy bed. My in-laws generously gave us a headboard and footboard that I'm going to paint a either navy or dark royal blue and we bought some cute bedding from Ikea.
Before we did that, though, we let Will peruse some possible bedding with us online. As we were looking through some things, he said, "Mama, I want a pwincess on my bed!" My reaction? "Oh, well, hmm...a princess, huh?" My momentary confusion was allayed by his further clarification, "...so I can KISS HER!"
For background, let me explain...Will loves fairy tales. Some of his favorites include "Sleeping Beauty" and "Beauty and the Beast." From these stories he's learned that when you encounter a princess sleeping in a bed, you should immediately and confidently lean down and kiss her good. This belief is further supported by the fact that when Spencer goes to get him up on weekend mornings, he brings him downstairs to "kiss Mommy awake." Seems logical, right?
We've been amused by Will's clear and unashamed affection for the female gender. He's always gravitated towards displaying deference and chivalry towards baby girls, toddler girls, adolescent girls, teenage girls, young women, women and mature women. I blame his father, who unlike the other little boys in preschool who ran screaming from the little gals in his class, ran towards them with arms open wide. Anyway, it's a blessing...I think.
Yesterday, when a new piano student of mine (a five year-old girl with long blond hair and blue eyes named Hannah) was waiting for her mom to come pick her up, he stepped up, took her hands, and said, "Hannah, I dance with you." He then proceeded to turn her in circles while singing, "I know you I danced with you once upon a dweam..." I'm just glad he didn't try to plant a big wet kiss on her.
Anyway, I've got a little Don Juan on my hands.
3 comments:
this is just about my favorite post in the whole world... if it had a picture of said don juan that is!!!
amen to LeeLee. :)
I agree with Lee and Becky. We all want a picture of sweet William.
Post a Comment