Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Odd Nursing Habits


Lately Will has developed some strange tendencies while nursing. He's started pulling on me, which hurts like the dickens, and then smiling up at me while still attached. He slowly lowers his eyelashes - it's a very coy look - and then gives me this slow smile that he apparently thinks excuses his painful pulling. If it didn't hurt so much I'd laugh hysterically. What could he possibly be thinking while he does all this? "This is such a blast! Who knew eating could be so entertaining?!!" Yikes! Attack of the self-amusing nursing three-month-old! I'm dreading teeth.

5 comments:

MJ said...

I was just going to say, wait until he's teething and decides to bite...youch!

Becca said...

Eli has done the same thing, and I agree. It hurts. I've found that plugging their nose when they bite works. That way they associate biting with a lack of oxygen. A few people told me to flick him, but I just can't do it.

Mike and Tycie said...

Awe, I love the coy little things he does! That is so cute. You are right, if it didnt hurt so bad, it would be hard not to laugh! What a cute little boy you have - and what a FLIRT! Reading about Will makes me so excited for Kalin to get here!

Dagny said...

Finn does the same thing and he too seems to think it's hysterical. Now that he's so interested in everything around him he turns his head to look around while still sucking. This is not nearly as fun for me as it is for him. I totally sympathize.

The Collins said...

Ok the picture freaked me out a little..haha or shall I say I felt some instant pain in a certain area! Haley did the same thing. lol