Sunday, April 25, 2010

So, we were sitting in church earlier today, enjoying the prelude music and opening hymn while Will played on my lap quietly. Continuing to gnaw on my fingers, Will watched the congregation in deep fascination. When he got restless, I moved him to lean against my shoulder, staring at the sweet couple sitting behind us. As I bowed my head for the opening prayer, I felt Will continuing to drool on my neck. Suddenly, without warning, the reverent atmosphere was destroyed mid-prayer by a sharp, ear-splitting belch from my little son. Sigh. It's sad - he's done something like that (but usually on a much more baby-like scale) almost every Sunday, and even within about a 15-minute timeframe, but still I didn't anticipate it.


Anyway, I thought I'd close today's post with a picture or two of Will enjoying his green beans. I know it's disgusting, but I thought the grandmothers reading this blog might still think the photos are cute.



Eww.

Eww. Again.

Okay - I just realized I have other photos to post, so I'm going to include them here, too. They're infinitely cuter and much cleaner, too. Yay!

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

Peekaboo!



Nice nappers make happy wakers.



My big brown-eyed boy.



Fashionable in his new and already well-fitting nine-month summer clothes.


2 comments:

Lee said...

I love messy faces. My kid's faces are perpetually mess no matter how many times I wash them.

@MayorofShimtown said...

i think, a linebacker he will be...