Thursday, October 7, 2010
Blue Jeans
A few weeks ago, I did a little shopping for Will. With the last days of summer behind us and his one-year birthday on the way, he needed some cool-weather clothing. So, we bought a pair of jeans, a sweater, and a couple of shirts. This morning, I dressed Will in his new dark-wash jeans with a long-sleeved navy blue and gray-striped polo shirt on top. As I sat back, looking at him exploring his new duds, I was suddenly struck by how big he looked. He no longer looked like a baby - the soft cheeks, long lashes, and goofy grin were all still there, but his new outfit emphasized the length of his legs and arms, and gave me a glimpse of his rapidly approaching graduation from babyhood. I got a little choked up as I realized that the days of infant vulnerability and helplessness are behind him, and that independence, individuality, and consuming curiosity are taking over. While I look forward to watching him grow and develop, there's a corner of me that regrets ever having bought those big-boy blue jeans. That is, until I took this picture. Thankfully, it dries up the tears and brings on the chuckles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok, that pictures is *hilarious*. He looks like he's practicing his Nosferatu pose for Halloween.
I totally know what you mean about certain outfits making our babies look like big boys. I'm totally losing it over Finn's impending birthday.
Aw, it is so bittersweet! He looks like such a big boy!
Cutest baby in the world!
Good job mom!
Post a Comment