Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Baby girl, baby girl, baby girl...

Last week, I gave birth to a baby girl. Literally. I did it naturally, at a birth center, over the course of twenty-two grueling hours with my husband and two midwives in attendance. It was an incredible experience, and I am so grateful to have been able to deliver her naturally. It made all the difference in the world. Ready for some photos?


Just about a half hour after Susanna's birth. We both look pretty darn tired. Of course she's got that ointment they put in the eyes to prevent disease all over and she's already managed to scratch her face with those incredibly sharp newborn talons, but I love the shape of her head and her skin color.


Here's Grandma holding baby Susanna Judith. I think Susanna was only about twelve hours old or so at this point. She was so sleepy it was easy for Grandma to enjoy looking at her newest granddaughter.


Now you can get a good look at her face. She reminds me intensely of Will - there's something about the shape of her jaw, nose and chin that screams "Will." If she ends up half as good-looking as Will, I'll be happy. But Spencer assures me she's going to be beautiful, and I don't really care; like most moms, I think my daughter is stunning.


Grandpa was pretty impressed with the newest member of the Clark clan. And like most babies do, Susanna settled right in for a nap in his arms.


No comments: